Troubleshooting Connections to FTP Servers using Internet Explorer
Last Updated: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 > Related Articles
Learn to enable Passive FTP Mode in Internet Explorer to resolve FTP server connection problems.
If you are unable to connect to an FTP server using Internet Explorer as your FTP program, firewall settings may be preventing the connection. Enable passive FTP mode by following these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on Tools and select Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced Tab.
- Locate the option "Use Passive FTP (for firewall and DSL Modem compatibility)."
- Place a check mark next to this option.
- Click Apply then click OK.
You should now be able to use Internet Explorer as your FTP program.