Set Internet Explorer to Default Browser
Last Updated: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 > Related Articles
Follow these steps to set Internet Explorer 5.x or 6.x as your default web browser.
If Internet Explorer (IE) comes up as the default web browser without asking you any questions, you don't need to change anything. If IE is still not launching as the default browser, and it's not prompting you to make it the default browser, follow the steps below:
- Start IE.
- Click Yes if the popup window about default browsers appears, and you are done. If the popup window asking about default browsers doesn't appear, go to step 3.
- Click Tools, then click Internet Options.
- Click on the Programs tab.
- Check the box which says "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser".
- Click Reset Web Settings
- Click Yes when it asks to reset the web settings. If your homepage needs to be reset leave the box checked.
- Click Ok.
- Restart IE.
Internet Explorer is now configured to launch as your default browser.