Cox Digital CableCARD™ Service
Last Updated: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 > Related Articles
Learn more about CableCARDs, including available features, and device requirements.
Cox Digital CableCARD™ Service allows you to receive video programming through the use of a retail device. This includes TVs and other devices that accept CableCARDs.
- A retail device has built-in technology that allows you to receive digital and High-Definition (HD) cable signals without the use of a Cox receiver.
- You can lease a CableCARD device from Cox to access digital cable and HD programming.
Cox Digital CableCARD Service Details
With CableCARD devices, you do not have access to the features below:
- Cox Interactive Program Guide (IPG) including Cox Parental Controls
- On DEMAND services including Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD)
- Pay-Per-View (PPV), including special events and sports packages
You can call Cox to order PPV special events and sports packages.
Using a CableCARD
When the CableCARD is installed into your Digital Cable Ready device, it is paired to that device only, and will not work with any other device.
- Pairing matches the DCR device and the CableCARD, using technology that allows subscribers to view the programming to which they subscribe.
- Once the CableCARD has been installed, DO NOT REMOVE it.
- There is no cleaning or maintenance required for the CableCARD.
Note: Cox does not troubleshoot retail digital cable ready devices.
CableCARD and Cox Receiver Features
Refer to the table below for comparisons of CableCARDS and Cox Receivers.
|Features||CableCARD Only||Cox Receiver|
|Cable Programming |
Can receive both analog and digital programming.
Produces a clear picture and high-quality sound.
Note: Based on your programming package, premium channels are available.
|Interactive Program Guide|
Can access Cox's interactive programming guide.
|NO - Customers will no longer have access to Cox's interactive programming guide.||YES|
Can purchase PPV movies using your remote control.
NO - The current CableCARD does not support interactive services.
Can access On Demand.
NO - The current CableCARD does not support two-way interactive services.