Program the Cox DVR Universal M7820 for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver
Last Updated: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 > Related Articles
The information in this article has been consolidated and moved to a new article. See Programming Your Cox Remote Control for updated content.
Cox DVR Universal Remote Control
- Turn on the device that you want the remote control to control.
- If applicable, insert video media, such as a VHS cassette or DVD disc.
- Please read steps 2 – 4 completely before proceeding. Highlight or write down the codes and device you wish to program before moving to step 2.
- On the remote control, press the appropriate mode button for the device once.
|Type of Device||Mode Button|
|Stereo amplifier or receiver||AUX|
|DVD, PVR, VCR||DVD|
- Press and hold the SETUP button until the selected mode button blinks twice, then release the SETUP button.
Note: To program the remote for a TV / VCR combination, refer to Program the Cox DVR Universal M7820 Remote Control for a TV / VCR Combination.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s codes to locate the code for the type and brand name of the device that you want the remote control to control.
- Using the number buttons on the remote, enter the first four-digit code listed in the manufacturer's codes for your device.
- If the selected mode button blinks twice, the operation was performed correctly.
- If the selected mode button emits a long blink, the operation was not successful. Repeat steps 2 and 3 using the same code again.
Aim the remote control at the device, and then press the POWER button once.
Note: If the device does not have a POWER button, press the Play button on the remote.
- The device turns off.
- If the device does not turn off, repeat steps 2 – 4, trying each code listed in the manufacturer's codes for the device brand until you find one that works.
- If the device still does not turn off, refer to Search for a Code to Program the Cox DVR Universal M7820 Remote Control for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each device you want the remote control to control.