Program the Cox Digital Interactive M1054 for a TV / VCR Combination
Last Updated: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 > Related Articles
The information in this article has been consolidated and moved to a new article. See Programming Your Cox Remote Control for updated content.
Cox Digital Interactive M1054Remote Control
To program the Cox Digital Interactive M1054 Remote Control to control a TV / VCR combination, perform the following steps:
- Turn on the TV / VCR and insert a video cassette.
On the remote control, press the AUX button once.
Result: The AUX button blinks once.
- Press and hold the SETUP button until the AUX button blinks twice, then release the SETUP button.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s codes to locate the code for the TV / VCR. Using the number buttons on the remote, enter the first four-digit code listed in the manufacturer's codes for the device.
- If the AUX button blinks twice, the operation was performed correctly.
- If the AUX button emits a long blink, the operation was not successful. Repeat steps 2 through 4 using the same code again.
Aim the remote control at the TV / VCR combination and press the PWR button once.
- The device turns off.
- If the device does not turn off, repeat steps 2 through 4, trying each code listed in the manufacturer's codes for your brand until you find one that works.
- If the device still does not turn off, refer to Search for a Code to Program the Cox Digital Interactive M1054 Remote Control for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver.
If a separate TV setup code is listed for the TV / VCR setup code that worked for the TV / VCR, program the TV code into the remote to access volume control.
For additional information on programming the remote, refer to Program the Cox Digital Interactive M1054 Remote Control for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver.
All steps complete.