Program the Cox Digital Interactive M1054 for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver
Last Updated: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 > Related Articles
The information in this article has been consolidated and moved to a new article. See Programming Your Cox Remote Control for updated content.
The Cox Digital Interactive M1054 Remote Control is preprogrammed to operate:
- Digital cable receiver from Cox
- RCA TV
- RCA VCR
- Toshiba DVD player
- Pioneer audio receiver
Cox Digital Interactive M1054 Remote Control
Note: To program the Cox Digital Interactive M1054 Remote Control to control a TV / VCR combination, refer to Program the Cox Digital Interactive M1054 Remote Control for a TV / VCR Combination.
- Turn on the device that you want the remote control to control.
- If applicable, insert video media, such as a VHS cassette or DVD disc.
- Before moving to step 2, read steps 2 through 5 completely. Highlight or write down the codes and device you want to program.
On the remote control, press the appropriate mode button for the device once.
|Type of Device||Mode Button|
|VCR, TV / VCR combo, PVR, second DVD player||AUX|
|Audio amplifier, tuner, or receiver||AUD|
Result: The selected mode button blinks once.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s codes to locate the code for the type and brand name of the device that you want the remote control to control.
- Using the number buttons on the remote, enter the first four-digit code listed in the manufacturer's codes for your device.
- If the selected mode button blinks twice, the operation was performed correctly.
- If the selected mode button emits a long blink, the operation was not successful. Repeat steps 2 through 4 using the same code again
Aim the remote control at the device and press the PWR button once.
Note: If the device does not have a Power button, press the play button located between the fast-forward and rewind on the remote control.
- The device turns off.
- If the device does not turn off, repeat steps 2 through 4, trying each code listed in the manufacturer's codes for the device brand until you find one that works.
- If the device still does not turn off, refer to Search for a Code to Program the Cox Digital Interactive M1054 Remote Control for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver.
All steps complete.