Reassign Device Buttons on the Cox DVR Universal M7820
Last Updated: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 > Related Articles
The information in this article has been consolidated and moved to a new article. See Programming Your Cox Remote Control for updated content.
Depending on the combination of devices, you may need to reassign the mode buttons (TV, DVD, and AUX) to control a different type of device. For example, you may need to reassign the DVD button to control a VCR or second TV.
Cox DVR Universal Remote Control
To reassign a device button to operate a different type of device, perform the following steps:
- On the remote control, press the mode button you want to reassign once.
Type of Device Mode Button Television TV Stereo amplifier or receiver AUX DVD, PVR, VCR DVD
- Press and hold the SETUP button until the selected mode button blinks twice, then release the SETUP button.
- Using the number buttons on the remote, enter 9 - 9 - 2.
Result: The selected mode button blinks twice.
- Press the appropriate button sequence for the button and device you want to reassign.
Result: After entering the sequence, the last mode button in the sequence blinks twice.
To reassign... Perform button sequence... TV as second DVD button press DVD then press TV TV as second Auxiliary button AUX - TV TV back to TV TV back to TV DVD as second TV button TV - DVD DVD as second Auxiliary button AUX - DVD DVD back to DVD DVD - DVD AUX as second TV button TV - AUX AUX as second VCR button DVD - AUX AUX back to AUX AUX - AUX
- After reassigning the mode button, complete the steps in Program the Cox DVR Universal M7820 Remote Control for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver to program the button using the manufacturer's code for the device.
All steps complete.