Program the Cox Digital Interactive AT8400 for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver
Last Updated: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 > Related Articles
The information in this article has been consolidated and moved to a new article. See Programming Your Cox Remote Control for updated content.
Cox Digital Interactive AT8400 Remote Control
- Turn on the device that you want the remote control to control.
- Before moving to step 2, read steps 2 through 5 completely. Highlight or write down the codes and device you want to program.
|Type of Device||Mode Button|
|TV and HDTV||TV|
|VCR, DVD player, PVR, and CD player||VCR|
|Receivers, audio amplifiers or tuners||AUX|
Example: To program the TV button, press and hold SELECT and TV.
Note: If you reassigned a button to work in a different mode, you can program the button to work with a device associated with the new mode.
For additional information on reassigning buttons, refer to Reassign Device Buttons on the Cox Digital Interactive AllTouch Remote Control.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s codes to locate the code for the type and brand name of the device that you want the remote control to control.
- Using the number buttons on the remote, enter the first four-digit code listed in the manufacturer's codes for your device.
Result: All mode buttons blink twice
Aim the remote at the device, and then press the POWER or CH + button (or press the Play button on the device itself).
- The device performs the operation associated with the selected button.
For example, if the POWER button is pressed, the device turns off.
- If the device does not operate properly, repeat steps 2 – 4, trying each code listed in the manufacturer's codes for the device brand until you find one that works.
All steps complete.