Program the Cox DVR Universal M7820 for a TV / VCR Combination
Last Updated: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 > Related Articles
The information in this article has been consolidated and moved to a new article. See Programming Your Cox Remote Control for updated content.
Cox DVR Universal Remote Control
To program the Cox DVR Universal Remote Control to control a TV / VCR combo unit, perform the following steps:
Turn on the TV / VCR and insert a video cassette.
On the remote control, press the DVD button once.
Press and hold the SETUP button until the DVD button blinks twice, then release the SETUP button.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s codes to locate the code for the TV / VCR.
- Using the number buttons on the remote, enter the first four-digit code listed in the manufacturer's codes for the device.
- If the DVD button blinks twice, the operation was performed correctly.
- If the DVD button emits a long blink, the code is invalid. Repeat steps 2 through 4 using the same code again.
Aim the remote control at the TV / VCR, and then press the POWER button once.
Note: If the TV / VCR does not have a Power button, press the Play button on the front panel.
- The device turns off.
- If the device does not turn off, repeat steps 2 – 5, trying each code listed in the manufacturer's codes for your brand until you find one that works.
- If the device still does not turn off, refer to Search for a Code to Program the Cox DVR Universal M7820 Remote Control for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver.
Program the remote to access the volume control.
|A separate TV setup code is listed for the TV / VCR setup code that worked for the TV / VCR.||Follow the steps in Program the Cox DVR Universal M7820 Remote Control for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver to program the TV setup code into the remote.|
|No separate TV code is listed for the TV / VCR setup code that worked for the TV / VCR.||Follow the steps below to access the volume control: |
All steps complete.