Quick Steps to Start Using Security Suite
Last Updated: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 > Related Articles
Start using Security Suite right away.
To install Cox Business Security Suite you must have a Cox Business MyAccount Profile. If you already have a MyAccount Profile, please go to Activating Cox Business Security Suite from MyAccount.
Visit cox.com for more information regarding Cox Business Security Suite.
First-Time Access to MyAccount
- You will receive a welcome email prior to your installation date from email@example.com.
- The email will include your username and password.
- Click on the embedded link within the email to complete the registration process.
- In the center of the window, click on Go to Login Page.
- Look for Welcome to your new Cox Business Services -- MyAccount.
- Complete the personalized secret question and answer.
Note: The answer must be between five and twenty characters in length.
- Complete the contact options and preferences information.
- Click Save.
- You have now successfully logged into the Cox Business MyAccount application.
- After successfully logging into MyAccount, select the Data Tools menu.
- Click Security Suite or click Activate Security Suite in the center of the window.
- Read the Security Suite License Agreement and click Accept.
- Click the Continue button on the lower-right-hand corner of your window.
- An email notification will be sent to you within a few minutes.
- Before you continue, make sure you have uninstalled existing desktop antivirus, antispyware, and firewall software already installed on your PC.
- Make sure to adjust your security and privacy settings in Internet Explorer to Medium.
Note: You must be running Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher.
- View the install Demo at http://www.mcafee.com/tpinstall
- When the email notification arrives, click the URL (in step #2 of the email) to download and install the Cox Business Security Suite software.
Note: You must have an active Internet connection to download and install the software.
- Click on the install button to run the download manager.
- Click on run to download the installer program.
Note: Make sure all POP UP blockers are disabled before going to the next step.
- Click run to initialize the installer.
- You will see a series of windows describing the downloading, updating, and installing of your security suite software.
- Click Restart to restart your computer and finish the installation of your Cox Business Security Suite.