Release / Renew an IP Address in Windows XP
Last Updated: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 > Related Articles
Connection problems are sometimes caused by an IP address conflict. Follow these steps to refresh your IP address in Windows XP.
- Click the Start button, and then select Run.
- In the Open: field, enter CMD.
- At the D: Windows prompt, enter ipconfig, and press Enter.
- Enter the appropriate command to release or renew the IP address.
|Releasing the IP address||Enter ipconfig/release, and press Enter.|
|Renewing the IP address||Enter ipconfig/renew, and press Enter.|
- To view your current IP configuration, begin by clicking the Start button, select Run. Type CMD in the run box and click OK.
- At the C:Windows prompt, type ipconfig, and press Enter on the keyboard. Follow these steps to release and renew your IP address:
- Release your IP address by typing ipconfig /release, and pressing Enter.
- Renew your IP Address by typing ipconfig /renew, and pressing Enter on the keyboard.
- Your IP address should now be renewed. Close the window and open your browser.
All Steps Complete