Quick Steps to Start Using Online Backup
Last Updated: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 > Related Articles
Start using Cox Business Online Backup to protect your valuable data today.
Accessing MyAccount for the First Time
A welcome email from email@example.com is sent to you before your installation date. This email contains your username and password. If you do not see an email with this sender’s name, check your spam folder and add “@coxbusiness.com” to your email safe sender list.
- Click https://myaccount.coxbusiness.com to access the application and enter the username and temporary password provided to you in the email to log in.
- Click the Sign In button.
Result: You may be prompted to change your password. Follow the steps in the section below.
Changing Your Password
Once you have successfully logged onto the Cox Business MyAccount portal, you may be asked to change your password. Your new password must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 8 - 24 alphanumeric characters
- Must include at least one letter and one number
- May include punctuation symbols
- Cannot be the word or form the word “password"
- Cannot be your username
Use the following steps to change your password.
- Click the Change Password link located at the top of the page under your login name.
- Enter the current or default password in the Current Password section.
- Enter the new password in the New Password section.
- Re-enter the new password in the Confirm New Password section.
- Click the OK link.
Result: You have now successfully logged in and can navigate MyAccount.
Logging into CBOB
CBOB is a secure and reliable backup solution for your business needs. Through the easy-to-use client interface, you can customize your file selection and backup scheduling.
CBOB saves 90 days of data history for each file you back up. Therefore, in the event that you need to restore files, perhaps as a result of a computer failure, you can recover your data quickly through the client.
To access CBOB, log into MyAccount and click the Online Backup menu.
Result: The Online Backup Dashboard displays.
Online Backup Dashboard
The Online Backup Dashboard is the main page of the application. From the dashboard you may access the system functions including downloading the application, adding a user, viewing a summary of your backup usage, and more.
In the lower right corner, click the Download button.
Result: The installation wizard displays and prompts you through the installation process.