Billing & Account Support
First you chose Cox to be your trusted service provider. Now you're learning more about account information, customer privacy, and online bill pay. Let us help you with the details.
Internet - General
- Enabling and Disabling the Firewall in Windows XP Follow these steps to enable or disable the firewall in Windows XP.
- Deleting Cookies in Internet Explorer 6.x Follow these steps to delete cookies from the IE6 browser.
- Clear the Cache in Internet Explorer 6.x Learn how to clear the browser cache in Internet Explorer 6.
- Check or Remove Cookies in Safari Follow these steps to view or remove cookies in the Safari browser.
- Generate an IP Address Learn how to generate an IP address by disabling and enabling DHCP.
- Check Network Settings in Windows XP Follow these steps to check your Windows XP computer's network settings.
- Cox Business WiFi FAQs Learn more about Cox WiFi and Cable WiFi service.
- Disabling the Firewall in Windows XP Follow these steps to disable the built-in firewall in Windows XP.
- Downloading and Installing Critical Patches for Windows Learn how to use Windows Update to install critical patches to your computer.
- Set Up TCP/IP for Windows XP Learn how to set up TCP/IP for Windows XP.
- Checking NIC Drivers in Windows XP Follow these steps to open the device manager and check NIC drivers in Windows XP.
- Deleting Cookies in Mozilla How to delete cookies in Mozilla using the Windows Operating System.
- Configuring TCP/IP in Windows Vista Follow these steps to configure network settings in Windows Vista.
- Allowing or Denying Popups in Mozilla Learn how to selectively permit or deny popups on a site by site basis in the Mozilla browser.
- Turning off Antivirus Warnings in Windows XP SP2 Follow these steps to turn off antivirus warnings in Windows XP, service pack 2.
- Signing In to Cox WiFi See steps on how to connect and sign in to the Cox WiFi network.
- Setup TCP/IP for Macintosh OS 8.5 - 9.x Learn how to configure network settings (TCP/IP) for Macintosh OS 8.5 - 9.x.
- Creating a Cox Shared Folder on the Desktop of the Primary Mac Learn how to create a Cox shared folder on the desktop of the primary Mac.
- D-Link Home Networking Troubleshooting Learn troubleshooting steps for common D-Link Home Networking problems.
- Can't Surf After Computer Goes Into Sleep Mode (Windows XP) Learn how to adjust power saving mode options to bring your computer back online after hibernating.
- Determine Which Program is Blocking or Using a Port in Windows XP How to use DOS commands and the Windows Task Manager in order to determine which programs are using or blocking ports in Windows XP.
- Using the Ping Command to Test Connectivity The ping command is a simple way to validate that your computer internet connection is active. Follow these steps to run a ping test to ...
- Troubleshooting Connections to FTP Servers using Internet Explorer Learn to enable Passive FTP Mode in Internet Explorer to resolve FTP server connection problems.
- Set Internet Explorer to Default Browser Follow these steps to set Internet Explorer 5.x or 6.x as your default web browser.
- Ordering Additional IP Address Learn how to acquire routed netblocks to expand your company's stable of static IP addresses.
- Static and Dynamic IP Addresses Learn the difference between a static and a dynamic IP address.
- Cox Business - Product User Guides Link to the Cox Business Product User Guides page to access PDF user guides for Business Internet, Digital Telephone, and more.
- What is an IP Address? A brief explanation of what IP addresses are, for Cox Business customers.
- Comparing Wireless Technologies Learn about Wireless standards for the a, b, and g technologies.
- Public vs. Private IP Addresses What's the difference between a public and a private IP address? Learn here.
- Cox Network Architecture Basics of the Cox network.
- Is a wireless network right for your office? Learn pros and cons of using wireless technology in your office.
- What is CIDR? Learn about this approach to Internet IP allocation.
- Patching Your Computers Learn how and why to patch your computers.
- Do I need a Virtual Private Network (VPN)? Do you need VPN? See if these scenarios apply to your business.
- Domain Name Services, Mail Exchange Hosting, and DNS Server Information Learn more about Cox Business web hosting services.
- What is DNS (Domain Name Services) Learn more about Domain Name Services (DNS) and how it translates domain names into IP addresses.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Viruses Learn general information about viruses and how to protect your computer.
- IP Address Assignments Read some frequently asked questions about IP address assignments.
- What is Phishing? Learn about phishing, a malicious approach to stealing personal information from Internet users.
- Proxy Software and Computer Security Learn general information about proxy software in this list of Frequently Asked Questions.