Program the Cox DVR Universal M7820 for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver
Last Updated: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 > Related Articles
Program the Cox DVR Universal M7820 to control devices other than the default brands.
Cox DVR Universal Remote Control
To control devices other than the default brands, perform the following steps:
- Turn on the device that you want the remote control to control.
- If applicable, insert video media, such as a VHS cassette or DVD disc.
- Please read steps 2 – 4 completely before proceeding. Highlight or write down the codes and device you wish to program before moving to step 2.
- On the remote control, press the appropriate mode button for the device once.
Type of Device Mode Button Television TV Stereo amplifier or receiver AUX DVD, PVR, VCR DVD
- Press and hold the SETUP button until the selected mode button blinks twice, then release the SETUP button.
Note: To program the remote for a TV / VCR combination, refer to Program the Cox DVR Universal M7820 Remote Control for a TV / VCR Combination.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s codes to locate the code for the type and brand name of the device that you want the remote control to control.
- Using the number buttons on the remote, enter the first four-digit code listed in the manufacturer's codes for your device.
- If the selected mode button blinks twice, the operation was performed correctly.
- If the selected mode button emits a long blink, the operation was not successful. Repeat steps 2 and 3 using the same code again.
Aim the remote control at the device, and then press the POWER button once.
Note: If the device does not have a POWER button, press the Play button on the remote.
- The device turns off.
- If the device does not turn off, repeat steps 2 – 4, trying each code listed in the manufacturer's codes for the device brand until you find one that works.
- If the device still does not turn off, refer to Search for a Code to Program the Cox DVR Universal M7820 Remote Control for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each device you want the remote control to control.
All steps complete.