Setting Up Customer Ringback
Last Updated: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 > Related Articles
Learn how to configure the Customer Ringback feature of VoiceManager
The instructions on this page are specific to the new VoiceManager portal. If you have not opted-in to this trial, you may find support for the previous version of VoiceManager at the VoiceManager Learning Center.
Log in to VoiceManager MyAccount.
Enter your User ID and Password to log in to VoiceManager MyAccount, then click the Sign In button.
Click the VoiceManager Tools menu in the left navigation bar.
Click the Call Settings tab.
Under the Call Receiving section, click the Custom Ringback link.
Configure your settings for a single user or a group.
Personal Ringback Settings
- To engage an existing rule, click the On checkbox next to the Ringback Rule.
- Click Save.
- To create a new ringback selection, click the Add Custom Ringback Rule link.
- Enter a name for this group in the Description field.
- Click the When Receiving Calls From drop down menu to select the phone numbers covered by this rule.
- Click the Play Ringback or Do Not Play Ringback, depending upon preference.
- Click the drop down menu for During Regular Schedule or During Holiday Schedule to select when the rule applies.
- Click Add a Regular Schedule or Add a Holiday Schedule to create a time detailed schedule and event.
Group Ringback Settings
- Click one of the Action radio buttons to select whether or not to play a Group Ringback.
- If you choose Play Ringback, click Select Audio to upload a custom audio file.
- Click Browse to find the file.
- Click your file name to select it.
- Click the checkbox to accept the disclaimer.
- Click the Continue button.
Custom Ringback Rules
To create separate Custom Ringback Rules if both a Regular and Holiday Schedule are desired.
- Enter a name for the new regular or holiday schedule in the Schedule Name space.
- Click the radio button for Group or Personal to indicate who will have access to this rule.
- In the Event Name space, type what this rule will be called.
- Enter the Start Time by clicking the calendar link and the start date.
- Enter the start time in the four digit format, hh:mm, in the space.
- Click the drop-down menu; select AM or PM.
- If the rule applies more than specified hours, click the All Day checkbox.
- Click the Recurs drop down menu and select how often the rule applies.
- Click the Save button.
To change an existing rule, click the Edit link next to the rule. Make all necessary changes and click the Save button.