Turn On Parental Control for a Scientific Atlanta DVR Cable Box
Last Updated: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 > Related Articles
Learn how to turn on parental controls for a DVR cable box.
These steps work for a cable box that is providing DVR service, not a standard- or HD-only cable box.
To turn on Parental Control
You can turn on Parental Control from either the Quick Settings or General Settings menu.
- From Quick Settings, select Activate Parental Control, and use the arrow button to put the white dot into the Yes column..
- From General Settings, select Parental Control, then Locking Status, then one of the following options:
- Off (Auto Relock) - With this setting, when you turn off Parental Control, then turn off the cable box, and then turn the cable box back on, Parental Control will be automatically re-activated. In addition, if the remote control remains inactive for five hours, Parental Control will be automatically enabled.
- Off (Relock Manually) - With this setting, when you turn off Parental Control, it will remain turned off until you turn it back on by using the Quick Settings or General Settings menus.
- On - This setting turns on Parental Control.
All steps complete.