Program the Cox Navigator M4078 for a TV, VCR, or Stereo Receiver
Last Updated: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 > Related Articles
If the Cox Navigator M4078 does not work with your TV, VCR, or stereo receiver, program the remote using the steps below.
Cox Navigator M4078 Remote Control
- Turn on the device that you want the remote control to control.
- If appropriate, insert media such as a cassette or disc.
- Before moving to step 2, read steps 2 through 5 completely. Highlight or write down the codes and device you want to program.
- Point the remote control away from all devices.
- Press the mode button associated with the device you want the remote control to control.
- Press and hold the SETUP button until the red light blinks twice, and then release the SETUP button.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s codes to locate the code for the type and brand name of the device that you want the remote control to control.
- Using the number buttons on the remote, enter the first three-digit code listed in the manufacturer's codes for your device.
Result: The red light blinks twice.
Aim the remote at the device, and then press the POWER button.
Note: If you are programming the remote control to control a VCR, and the remote that came with the VCR does not have a power button, then press the play button between the fast-forward and rewind buttons on the Cox Navigator M4078 Remote Control.
- The device turns off.
Note: If you pressed the play button, the VCR starts to play
- If the device does not operate properly, repeat steps 2 – 4, trying each code listed in the manufacturer's codes for the device brand until you find one that works.
- If the device still does not operate properly, refer to Search for a Code to Program the Cox Navigator M4078 Remote Control for a TV, VCR, or Stereo Receiver.
All steps complete.