Need access to all your voice mail features? Going on a trip and need to manage call forwarding? Whatever your question, we make sure our digital telephone support has the answers.
Internet - General
- Enabling and Disabling the Firewall in Windows XP Follow these steps to enable or disable the firewall in Windows XP.
- Deleting Cookies in Internet Explorer 6.x Follow these steps to delete cookies from the IE6 browser.
- Clear the Cache in Internet Explorer 6.x Learn how to clear the browser cache in Internet Explorer 6.
- Check or Remove Cookies in Safari Follow these steps to view or remove cookies in the Safari browser.
- Generate an IP Address Learn how to generate an IP address by disabling and enabling DHCP.
- Check Network Settings in Windows XP Follow these steps to check your Windows XP computer's network settings.
- Release / Renew an IP Address in Windows XP Connection problems are sometimes caused by an IP address conflict. Follow these steps to refresh your IP address in Windows XP.
- Disabling the Firewall in Windows XP Follow these steps to disable the built-in firewall in Windows XP.
- Downloading and Installing Critical Patches for Windows Learn how to use Windows Update to install critical patches to your computer.
- Set Up TCP/IP for Windows XP Learn how to set up TCP/IP for Windows XP.
- Checking NIC Drivers in Windows XP Follow these steps to open the device manager and check NIC drivers in Windows XP.
- Deleting Cookies in Mozilla How to delete cookies in Mozilla using the Windows Operating System.
- Configuring TCP/IP in Windows Vista Follow these steps to configure network settings in Windows Vista.
- Allowing or Denying Popups in Mozilla Learn how to selectively permit or deny popups on a site by site basis in the Mozilla browser.
- Turning off Antivirus Warnings in Windows XP SP2 Follow these steps to turn off antivirus warnings in Windows XP, service pack 2.
- Detect Flashback Trojan Malware On Your Mac Computer Steps to detect the Flashback Trojan malware on your Apple Mac computer.
- Setup TCP/IP for Macintosh OS 8.5 - 9.x Learn how to configure network settings (TCP/IP) for Macintosh OS 8.5 - 9.x.
- Disabling Popups in Firefox Learn how to disable popups in Firefox.
- Creating a Cox Shared Folder on the Desktop of the Primary Mac Learn how to create a Cox shared folder on the desktop of the primary Mac.
- Securing Your Mail Server If you're running your own mail server at your office, here are guidelines and suggestions to help you keep it secure.
- Configuring Windows Mail to Send and Receive Email Follow these steps to configure Windows Mail to send and receive Cox email.
- D-Link Home Networking Troubleshooting Learn troubleshooting steps for common D-Link Home Networking problems.
- Can't Surf After Computer Goes Into Sleep Mode (Windows XP) Learn how to adjust power saving mode options to bring your computer back online after hibernating.
- Determine Which Program is Blocking or Using a Port in Windows XP How to use DOS commands and the Windows Task Manager in order to determine which programs are using or blocking ports in Windows XP.
- Use the Ping Command to Test Connectivity The ping command is a simple way to validate that your computer's internet connection is active. Follow these steps to run a ping test ...
- Troubleshooting Slow Connection Speeds Troubleshooting help for when you can get online but are experiencing slow download speeds.
- Troubleshooting Connections to FTP Servers using Internet Explorer Learn to enable Passive FTP Mode in Internet Explorer to resolve FTP server connection problems.
- Set Internet Explorer to Default Browser Follow these steps to set Internet Explorer 5.x or 6.x as your default web browser.
- How Can I Get More Than 8 Static IPs for My Business? Learn how to acquire routed netblocks to expand your company's stable of static IP addresses.
- Static and Dynamic IP Addresses Learn the difference between a static and a dynamic IP address.
- Cox Business - Product User Guides Link to the Cox Business Product User Guides page to access PDF user guides for Business Internet, Digital Telephone, and more.
- What is an IP Address? A brief explanation of what IP addresses are, for Cox Business customers.
- Comparing Wireless Technologies Learn about Wireless standards for the a, b, and g technologies.
- Public vs. Private IP Addresses What's the difference between a public and a private IP address? Learn here.
- Cox Network Architecture Basics of the Cox network.
- Is a wireless network right for your office? Learn pros and cons of using wireless technology in your office.
- What is CIDR? Learn about this approach to Internet IP allocation.
- Patching Your Computers Learn how and why to patch your computers.
- Do I need a Virtual Private Network (VPN)? Do you need VPN? See if these scenarios apply to your business.
- DNS Servers - Domain Name Services Learn about the DNS servers in Cox Commercial Markets.
- What is DNS (Domain Name Services) Learn more about Domain Name Services (DNS) and how it translates domain names into IP addresses.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Viruses Learn general information about viruses and how to protect your computer.
- IP Address Assignments Read some frequently asked questions about IP address assignments.
- What is Phishing? Learn about phishing, a malicious approach to stealing personal information from Internet users.
- Proxy Software and Computer Security Learn general information about proxy software in this list of Frequently Asked Questions.