Downloading and Installing Critical Patches for Windows
Last Updated: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 > Related Articles
Learn how to use Windows Update to install critical patches to your computer.
With the ongoing threat of new computer viruses and worms, it is important to frequently download and install critical Windows patches on your personal computer.
To download and install critical security patches follow the below steps.
- Open Internet Explorer, visit http://www.windowsupdate.com.
- Click on Express Install. Microsoft will scan your operating system to verify the critical updates you need to download and install. This may take a few minutes.
- On the left hand side select Critical Updates and Service Packs, click Review and Install Updates.
- Click Install Now, The critical updates will begin to download and install. This may take several minutes to complete.
- Once the download has completed you will be asked to restart your computer. Click Ok to restart your computer.
Congratulations! you have setup your downloaded and installed the Windows critical updates!