Quick Steps to Start Using Online Backup
Last Updated: Fri, 06 May 2011 > Related Articles
Start using Cox Business Online Backup to protect your valuable data today!
In order to install Cox Business Online Backup you must have a Cox Business MyAccount Profile. If you already have a MyAccount Profile, please go to Activating Cox Business Online Backup from MyAccount. Please visit cox.com for more information regarding Cox Business Online Backup.
First-Time Access to MyAccount
- You will receive a welcome e-mail prior to your installation date from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the e-mail you will receive your username and password.
- Click the embedded link within the e-mail to complete the registration process.
- Click Go to Login Page in the center of the screen.
- Look for "Welcome to your new Cox Business Services — MyAccount."
- Complete the personalized secret question and answer.
NOTE: The answer must be between 5 and 20 characters in length.
- Complete the contact options and preferences information.
- Click Save.
- You have now successfully logged onto the Cox Business MyAccount application.
- After successfully logging into MyAccount, select the Data Tools menu.
- Click Online Backup or click Activate Online Backup in the center of your screen.
- Read the Online Backup License Agreement and click Accept.
- Click the Continue button on the lower-right-hand corner of your screen.
- An e-mail notification will be sent to you within one hour.
NOTE: The screen will advance to the Cox Business Online Backup Activation Pending page until you receive your e-mail notification. You must wait for the e-mail notification before downloading Cox Business Online Backup.
- When the e-mail notification arrives, return to MyAccount and log in.
- Select Data Tools, then Online Backup from the navigation panel.
NOTE: If you are an administrator, please select yourself from the Activate Online Backup Users drop-down list and click activate. In the allocate storage list, click the edit link, and type in at least 1 GB and click save. Click continue.
- Click Download & Install Application within the next page. The Cox Business Online Backup installation wizard will appear.
- Follow the prompts in the installation wizard to install and configure Cox Business Online Backup.