Release / Renew an IP Address in Windows XP
Last Updated: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 > Related Articles
Connection problems are sometimes caused by an IP address conflict. Follow these steps to refresh your IP address in Windows XP.
- To view your current IP configuration, begin by clicking the Start button, select Run. Type CMD in the run box and click OK.
- At the C:Windows prompt, type ipconfig, and press Enter on the keyboard. Follow these steps to release and renew your IP address:
- Release your IP address by typing ipconfig /release, and pressing Enter.
- Renew your IP Address by typing ipconfig /renew, and pressing Enter on the keyboard.
- Your IP address should now be renewed. Close the window and open your browser.
All Steps Complete