Quick Steps to Start Using Security Suite
Last Updated: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 > Related Articles
Start using Security Suite right away.
In order to install Cox Business Security Suite you must have a Cox Business MyAccount Profile. If you already have a MyAccount Profile, please go to Activating Cox Business Security Suite from MyAccount. Please visit cox.com for more information regarding Cox Business Security Suite.
First-Time Access to MyAccount
- You will receive a welcome e-mail prior to your installation date from email@example.com.
- In the e-mail you will receive your username and password.
- Click on the embedded link within the e-mail to complete the registration process.
- Click on Go to Login Page in the center of the screen.
- Look for "Welcome to your new Cox Business Services -- MyAccount."
- Complete the personalized secret question and answer.
NOTE: The answer must be between 5 and 20 characters in length.
- Complete the contact options and preferences information.
- Click on Save.
- You have now successfully logged onto the Cox Business MyAccount application.
- After successfully logging into MyAccount, select the Data Tools menu.
- Click on Security Suite or click on Activate Security Suite in the center of your screen.
- Read the Security Suite License Agreement and click Accept.
- Click the Continue button on the lower-right-hand corner of your screen.
- An e-mail notification will be sent to you within a few minutes.
- Before you continue please make sure you have uninstalled existing desktop antivirus, antispyware, and firewall software already installed on your PC.
- Make sure to adjust your security and privacy settings in Internet Explorer to Medium. (You must be running Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher).
- View the install Demo at http://www.mcafee.com/tpinstall
- When the e-mail notification arrives, click the URL (in step #2 of the email) to download and install the Cox Business Security Suite software.
Note: You must have an active Internet connection to download and install the software.
- Click on the install button to run the download manager.
- Click on run to download the installer program.
- Make sure all POP UP blockers are disabled before going to the next step.
- Click on run to initialize the installer.
- You will see a series of screens describing the downloading, updating, and installing of your security suite software.
- Click on restart to restart your computer and finish the installation of your Cox Business Security Suite.