Program the Cox Digital Interactive AT8400 for a TV, DVD, VCR, or Stereo Receiver
Last Updated: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 > Related Articles
If the Cox Digital Interactive AT8400 does not work with one of your home entertainment devices, program the remote using the steps below.
Cox Digital Interactive AT8400 Remote Control
- Turn on the device that you want the remote control to control.
- Before moving to step 2, read steps 2 through 5 completely. Highlight or write down the codes and device you want to program.
|Type of Device||Mode Button|
|TV and HDTV||TV|
|VCR, DVD player, PVR, and CD player||VCR|
|Receivers, audio amplifiers or tuners||AUX|
Example: To program the TV button, press and hold SELECT and TV.
Note: If you reassigned a button to work in a different mode, you can program the button to work with a device associated with the new mode.
For additional information on reassigning buttons, refer to Reassign Device Buttons on the Cox Digital Interactive AllTouch Remote Control.
- Refer to the manufacturer’s codes to locate the code for the type and brand name of the device that you want the remote control to control.
- Using the number buttons on the remote, enter the first four-digit code listed in the manufacturer's codes for your device.
Result: All mode buttons blink twice
Aim the remote at the device, and then press the POWER or CH + button (or press the Play button on the device itself).
- The device performs the operation associated with the selected button.
For example, if the POWER button is pressed, the device turns off.
- If the device does not operate properly, repeat steps 2 – 4, trying each code listed in the manufacturer's codes for the device brand until you find one that works.
All steps complete.