Using Call Return
Last Updated: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 > Related Articles
Learn how to use the Call Return feature.
How it works: If you couldn't answer in time, you can still find out who called by dialing a simple code.
To turn on the service:
- Lift the handset and listen for a normal dial tone.
- Press *69.
- A recorded voice will give you the phone number of the call you missed and ask if you want to use Call Return. Just follow the voice instructions.
If the line is busy:
- Hang up. Your phone will keep trying the line for up to 30 minutes.
- A special callback ring alerts you if the line becomes free. (Some phones ring normally.)
- Lift the handset to automatically place the call.
To cancel your Call Return request:
- Press *89.
- Listen for the confirmation tone or announcement. Hang up.
Note: This feature does not work on 800 numbers, 900 numbers, or lines where Call Forwarding and some other call services have been activated.